An easy and hearty One-Pot Sausage and Couscous meal that’s a deliciously cozy and easy dinner for those chilly winter months.
One-Pot Sausage and Couscous
- 1-2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 5 chicken sausage thinly cut on a diagonal
- ¼ onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- ¾ cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ⅓ cup frozen corn
- ⅓ cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add half the oil into a large pot or skillet over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add sausage and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side (in batches if necessary).
- Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining oil and onion with a pinch of salt, cooking until translucent about 2 minutes.
- If you'd like softer carrots, add those now too. Then add bell pepper and garlic, cooking for an additional minute.
- Add carrots if you haven't already, couscous, broth, and cooked sausage, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and cook on high, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently for even cooking. The liquid should be almost completely absorbed at this point.
- Turn off the heat. Stir in corn, peas, and Parmesan. Season to taste.
- Serve and enjoy:)