As you take a bite of these cookies you feel the satisfying crunch, which gives way to a soft, pillowy center that’s perfectly balanced with just the right amount of sweetness. The texture is hearty and satisfying, with just the right amount of chewiness to keep you coming back for more.
What’s truly amazing about these cookies is that they’re not only delicious, but they’re also good for you. Made with whole-grain oats, heart-healthy nuts, and a touch of natural sweeteners, they’re a guilt-free treat that you can enjoy any time of day.
With each bite, you feel the nourishing power of these cookies, which are loaded with fiber, protein, and other essential nutrients that support your body and mind. Whether you’re looking for a healthy snack to power through your day, or a comforting treat to enjoy with a cup of tea, these oatmeal cookies are sure to hit the spot.
Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or unsalted butter melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup instant oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips optional
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the maple syrup, coconut oil, egg, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, and mix until just combined.
- Drop cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet using a medium-large cookie scoop and flatten to about ¾’’ thickness.
- Bake for 10 minutes then cool on the pan for at least 5-10 minutes.