One-pot crustless chicken pot pie is so easy to make. It is a perfect weekday meal, especially on a cold winter day.
Crustless Chicken Pot Pie
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Dinner
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ⅔ cup milk, regular whole milk
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken, rotisserie, or roast your own
- ½ cup frozen peas, do not thaw out
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley or fresh chopped parsley, to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large deep sauté pan, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat until the butter is melted.
- Add onions, carrots, and celery with a pinch of salt.
- Cook until tender, about 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in garlic and Italian seasoning, and cook for about 30 seconds, stirring non-stop.
- Add flour and cook for about 1 minute, while stirring the veggies.
- Add chicken broth while stirring and scraping to loosen browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add milk and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for about 3 minutes. It will thicken.
- Stir in chicken and peas. Simmer for about 7-10 minutes until all vegetables are tender. Stir in parsley.
- Serve and enjoy:)