Chocolate and gingerbread what a yummy combination. These pancakes are a decadent treat for a crisp fall morning or anytime!
Chocolate Gingerbread Pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup of milk
- Preheat griddle to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
- Add the molasses, egg, butter, vanilla, and milk and whisk just until blended.
- Pour a 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle.
- Cook until tiny bubbles appear for about 3 minutes.
- Flip and cook another minute or two.
- Repeat until all batter is used.
- Serve and enjoy:)