My husband made these cookies and they were amazing and addictive. He has since made them several times because we can’t get enough of them.
Almond Thumbprints with Fig Jam
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 2 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup fig jam
- Heat the oven to 350°.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add the butter and sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract and beat to incorporate.
- Add the all-purpose flour, almond flour, baking soda, and salt and mix just until combined.
- Scoop a level tablespoon of the dough and roll it into a ball.
- Place on a prepared baking sheet, spacing the balls 2 inches apart.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Use the back of a teaspoon to make a deep divot in the center of each dough ball.
- Spoon fig jam into each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes or until set and lightly golden on the bottom,
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Serve and enjoy:)