My husband made these cookies and they were amazing and addictive. He has since made them several times because we can’t get enough of them.
Almond Thumbprints with Fig Jam
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup fig jam
- Heat the oven to 350°.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add the butter and sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract and beat to incorporate.
- Add the all-purpose flour, almond flour, baking soda, and salt and mix just until combined.
- Scoop a level tablespoon of the dough and roll it into a ball.
- Place on a prepared baking sheet, spacing the balls 2 inches apart.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Use the back of a teaspoon to make a deep divot in the center of each dough ball.
- Spoon fig jam into each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes or until set and lightly golden on the bottom,
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Serve and enjoy:)