This recipe comes out perfect every time. It is so flavorful and easy to make. It is a popular request among my family and friends.
Rice Pilaf Recipe
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 2⅔ cup chicken broth
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoons ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- pinch onion powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup orzo
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, add the chicken broth, butter, salt, garlic powder, pepper, paprika, and onion powder.
- Once the mixture starts to simmer, reduce to low heat.
- In a large skillet set over medium-low heat, add the olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the orzo and cook until brown.
- Add the rice and cook until it turns bright white about 5-7 minutes.
- Pour the warm broth mixture into the skillet, stir to combine.
- Once the mixture simmers, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cover, add the parsley, cover and continue cooking for 5 minutes or until all of the broth is absorbed.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂