The combination of lemon and almond give these tasty muffins an amazing flavor. Perfect for breakfast or for a mid-afternoon snack.
Lemon Almond Ricotta Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a stand mixer add sugar, olive oil and mix until combined.
- Add the ricotta cheese and mix to combine.
- Add the egg, lemon juice, and almond extract and mix to combine.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix just until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop batter in into
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick insert in the center comes out clean.
- Cool, serve, and enjoy:)