These ricotta chocolate chip cookies are soft and delicious. I love making these cookies using homemade ricotta cheese from our goat’s milk. They are a family favorite.
Chocolate Chip Ricotta Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus one large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla, and beat until combined.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking soda and beat a little.
- Add ricotta cheese and mix until just combined.
- Add mini chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop drop the dough onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 12 to 14 minutes, until set on the edges.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, and then transfer them to a wire rack.
- Serve and enjoy:)