Lemon yum this pound cake is filled with lovely lemony flavor. It is lite and moist and a nice ending to any meal. So whip up this easy delicious pound cake you won’t’ be disappointed.
Lemon Pound Cake
- Pound Cake:
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Lemon Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice or as necessary for consistency
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the eggs, sugar, sour cream, and mix until smooth and combined.
- Drizzle in the oil while mixing to combine.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon extract, and mix to combine.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and mix until just combined, don’t overmix.
- Turn the batter out into the prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Bake for about 50 to 52 minutes, or until the top is domed, set, and a toothpick inserted in the center crack comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs but no batter.
- Allow loaf to cool in pan on top of a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before turning out onto the rack to cool completely before glazing.
- To Make Glaze:
- To a small bowl, add the confectioner’s sugar and slowly drizzle in the lemon juice while whisking until smooth and combined.
- Evenly drizzle glaze over bread before slicing and serving.
- You can halve the glaze recipe if you want less glaze