These meatballs are easy to bake and taste just as good as traditional beef meatballs. You can serve them with spaghetti and in a meatball sub.
Baked Chicken Meatballs
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ¾ cup plain dried bread crumbs
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, optional
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a 9 x 13 pan or baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground chicken, bread crumbs, parmesan, garlic, basil, salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Add in milk, egg, olive oil, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix thoroughly until ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Shape into 1 to 1.5 inch balls. Whatever size you choose, they should all be roughly the same size for even cooking.
- Bake for 25 -30 minutes and turn halfway through and continue cooking.
- For extra crispy add another 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy:)