This is a perfect frosting for any cake. It is easy to make and can be used as a filling as well. It is a family favorite.
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder sifted
- 3-4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter on medium speed for 1-2 minutes or until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time.
- Add the cocoa powder and mix until fully combined.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, and salt and mix fully combined.