I love making my own hummus I use to buy it all the time. But now that I make my own, I will not go back to store bought. This garlic hummus is easy to make and my family loves it.
Homemade Garlic Hummus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 15 1/2- ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 3 Tablespoons plus 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- In a food processor, add the olive oil, chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, minced garlic, and salt.
- Puree until completely smooth.
- If desired, serve topped with minced garlic, parsley and some additional olive oil.