Healthy delicious moist apple bread made with applesauce and low in sugar. When I make this bread, the house smells like a crisp fall day.
Healthy Apple Bread
- 2 cups apples peeled and 1/2-inch diced
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- For Topping
- 1 tablespoon sugar or turbinado sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with baking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the applesauce, olive oil, milk, sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the white whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the apples .
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- For the topping:
- Stir the cinnamon and coarse sugar together in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes, loosely tent with foil, then bake for 25 additional minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy:)
Is there a photo of each recipe? I’m not finding any.
Sorry I do not have a photo and sorry I did not see your message until now.