This a great soup to make in the winter on a cold day or when you are feeling under the weather. It is healthy and delicious.
Chicken Soup with Pearl Couscous
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 large carrots thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs
- 1 cup pearl or Israeli couscous
- In a large pot heat oil.
- Once oil is hot, add in garlic, onion, carrots and celery; cook for a few minutes until onion becomes translucent.
- Next add in the ginger, turmeric, Itlaian seasoning, salt, and pepper and mix.
- Add the chicken broth, and chicken breast.
- Make sure the chicken is covered by the broth.
- Bring soup to a boil, then stir in couscous.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove and transfer to a cutting board to shred or chop.
- Add chicken back to pot and stir.
- Serve and enjoy:)