These are quite delicious without being too sweet. They were a big hit with the family.
Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 2 dozen
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil or oil of choice
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat, coconut oil, brown sugar,, vanilla, and egg until well combined.
- Add pumpkin and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, pumpkin spice, salt and baking soda and mix until just combined.
- Add the oatmeal and chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop dough onto prepared baking sheet.
- Flatten dough slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on pan for about 2 minutes, then remove to cooling rack.
- Enjoy 🙂