This hearty soup is delicious and full of flavor and perfect for a cold winter day.
One-Pot Lentil Soup
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Soup
Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- ½ onion diced
- 4 large carrots (thinly sliced)
- 4 stalks celery (thinly sliced)
- Sea salt to taste ,divided
- Pepper to taste, divided
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 1 yellow or red potato, chopped
- 4 -6 cups vegetable broth (plus more as needed)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 cup uncooked green or brown lentils (thoroughly rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup frozen or canned green beans.
- In a large pot heat olive oil.
- Once hot, add onions, carrots, and celery.
- Season with a bit of salt and pepper and stir.
- Sauté for 4-5 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add potatoes and season with a bit more salt and pepper.
- Stir and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add vegetable broth, thyme, rosemary, and increase heat to medium high.
- Bring to a rolling simmer.
- Then add lentils, and, green beans, and stir.
- Once simmering again, reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until lentils and potatoes are tender.
- Serve and enjoy:)