This recipe is perfect and easy to make. You can even add nuts, dried fruit, or even chocolate chips. Sprinkle some on yogurt and even ice cream.
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Topping
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Grease a cookie sheet and set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, honey, and canola oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring often until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour brown sugar mixture over oats and add cinnamon and salt.
- Stir until oats are evenly coated.
- Spread granola mixture over the prepared cookie sheet and press mixture down.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before breaking apart and into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container or ziplock bag.