I love making this dish because it is not only delicious but is another way to use the abundance of peaches and cucumbers from my garden.
Chicken with Peach-Cucumber Salsa
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches about 2 medium
- 3/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 4 tablespoons peach preserves divided
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 3/4 teaspoon salt divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6 ounces each
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- For salsa:
- In a small bowl, combine peaches, cucumber, 2 tablespoons preserves, onion,mint and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and remaining salt.
- On a lightly greased grill rack, grill chicken, covered, over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Turn; grill 7-9 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165°, brushing tops occasionally with remaining preserves.
- Serve with salsa and enjoy!