My kids always had fun when we made these cookies These cookies are the perfect combination of chocolate and coconut without being too sweet.
Cocoa-Coconut Oatmeal Nests
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1-1/2 cups rolled or quick oats
- Candy-coated milk chocolate egg optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookies sheets with parchment paper set aside.
- In a mixing bowl. beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar until well blended.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt to butter mixture.
- Beat until just combined.
- Stir in coconut and oats.
- Drop by heaping teaspoon onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
- Cool slightly, remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- If using chocolate egg, press one chocolate egg onto the center of each cookie.
- Cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!