My family loves this baked salmon with its crunchy top and sweet/spicy sauce. I make this once a week and my family never gets tired of it.
Family-Favorite Baked Salmon
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 4 pieces of salmon fillet
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Mix the brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Mix the panko with the parsley, butter, salt, and in another small bowl.
- Place the salmon pieces skin-side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spread each salmon with the Dijon mustard
- Press the brown sugar mixture all over the salmon then top with the breadcrumb mixture. Crimp all four sides of the foil to create a border around the salmon, this will help collect the juices so they don't spread and burn.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden brown, and the salmon is firm and flakes easily when pressed.
- Serve and enjoy!