This version brings back memories from my childhood. This classic is baked until golden brown and delicious but the best part is it homemade so you know exactly what is in it.
Shake and Bake Pork Chops
- 4 1- inch thick boneless pork chops
- 1 1/2 cups plain bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/8 to 1/4 inch black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine bread crumbs, seasonings, and oil in a bowl.
- Using a fork, mash to combine so that bread crumbs are uniformly combined with the oil.
- Place the Shake N Bake in a plastic Ziploc bag.
- One at a time, place your chops in the bag and shake to coat in the mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, until cooked through.
For thinly sliced pork chops bake for 10 minutes.