Have leftover mashed potatoes and don’t know what to do with them, try this recipe. Baked in the oven they come out nice and crispy. My kids love dipping them in ketchup. They make a great side for a hamburger or even pork chops. Give them a try I know you will like them.
Baked Leftover Mashed Potato Tater Tots
- 1-1/2 cups mashed potatoes cold
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons cooked finely chopped bacon
- 1 tablespoon diced chives
- panko bread crumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray a little with non-stick spray, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, egg, flour, cheddar cheese, bacon & chives.
- Pour panko bread crumbs onto a plate.
- Use a melon baller or a small cookie scoop to scoop out the mashed potato mixture
- Roll the mashed potato in panko bread crumbs until covered,
- Use your fingers to form it into a tater tot shape. Place on pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes, turning the tater tots once halfway through baking.
- Serve hot and enjoy!