If you love oatmeal and blueberries you are going to love these muffins. They are moist and delicious. You can use fresh or frozen blueberries.
Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- ¼ cup canola oil
- splash of lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Combine oats and buttermilk in a small bowl to soften the oats, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add beaten egg, oil and lemon juice and mix well.
- Add oat mixture to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and brown sugar to wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Fill muffin liners ¾ full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place on a wire rack to cool.