I use homemade tartar sauce for fish fillets and salmon burgers. It is simple and favorable.
Homemade Tartar Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle minced
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons onion minced
- 1 tablespoon capers drained and minced
- Splash of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well to blend.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate before serving.