My husband loves these cookies but hates it when I make them because he winds up eating too many of them. These cookies are quite delicious with just the right amount of sweetness.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to the butter/sugar mixture.
- Blend until combined.
- Stir in the oats and raisins.
- Using a medium size cookie scoop drop dough onto prepared baking sheet, 2-inches apart.
- Bake them for 10 to 12 minutes or until they are golden at the edges
- Let them sit on the hot baking sheet for five minutes before transferring them to cooling rack.