Since we have to stay home, my daughter has been in the kitchen more cooking up some delicious food. She really likes almond butter and decided to make these pancakes. They had the perfect almond taste with a hint of coconut. We all loved them. Keep on cooking kiddo!
Almond Butter Pancakes
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour or whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 large egg slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- In a mixing bowl, mix together milk, egg, maple syrup, vanilla, and coconut oil.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, melt the almond butter in the microwave for 20 seconds and add to wet ingredients.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to the wet mixture.
- Mix just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat.
- Pour the desired amount of batter onto the griddle.
- Cook until the top begins to bubble.
- Flip and cook until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!