This is a great way to use extra eggs and zucchini. It is a quick and delicious meal that you can serve for dinner, lunch and even breakfast.
Zucchini Mozzarella Basil Frittata
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced red onion
- 1-1/2 cups diced zucchini
- 7 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil or 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded mozzarella
- Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium to high heat.
- Add onion and zucchini and cook until soft, about 3 to 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Preheat broiler.
- Pour the eggs over the vegetables in the pan.
- Cook until nearly set, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top and sprinkle with basil.
- Place the skillet under the broiler and cook for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Let rest for 3 minutes.
- Cut into 4 slices and serve.