My mother-in-law made this for my son’s birthday back in 2008 and ever since then it has been a favorite of his. I have made this for his birthday almost every year since with a few exceptions. The whole family enjoys it as well.
- 2-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 4 cups mashed fresh strawberries
- 3- ounce package strawberry flavored gelatin
- 1 yellow cake mix
- oil water, and eggs per package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Sprinkle marshmallows over the bottom of the pan.
- In a bowl, combine mashed strawberries and gelatin then set aside.
- Make cake batter according to package directions.
- Spread batter over marshmallows in pan.
- Spoon strawberry mixture evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place cake on a wire rack to cool.
- When cake is cooled completely, invert onto a large serving plate.
- Serve and enjoy.
Whenever I use a box cake mix, I always add one teaspoon of baking powder. It makes the cake rise nicely.
- November 16, 2008
- November 16, 2009
- November 16, 2011
- November 16, 2014
- November 16, 2015
- November 16, 2016
- November 16, 2017