I usually make lemon blueberry bread so this was a nice change. It was moist and delicious.
Orange Blueberry Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 cup confectioner sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Orange juice to reach desired consistency
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together juice, egg, and oil.
- Add your wet ingredients to the dry, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until bread is golden and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling completely.
- TO MAKE GLAZE:
- Mix together the confectioner sugar, vanilla extract, and enough orange juice to reach desired consistency.
- Place cooled bread on a plate and pour glaze over top of the bread.
- August 17, 2017