I had one very ripe banana left and I did not want to waste it! So, I decided to whip up some cookies.
Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (or dark chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugars, mix until smooth.
- Add in egg and vanilla extract.
- Next, add the mashed banana and mix until combined.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix on low until just combined.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon, form the cookies into balls.
- Place cookies on a prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden around the edges.
- Remove cookies from oven and let the cookies sit for about 5 minutes.
- March 24, 2018