I made this for my Daughter’s birthday and she loved it. It is so moist, and delicious and the cream cheese frosting is not too sweet. My husband who is not a fan of bananas even like it.
Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs separated
- 2 cups mashed bananas about 4 medium
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 package 8-ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 4 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add mashed bananas and milk; mix just until combined.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add to the creamed mixture; beat for 2 minutes.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold into batter.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- TO MAKE FROSTING:
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Add the confectioner sugar, vanilla, and salt; beat until smooth.
- Spread evenly over cake.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- May 1, 2015
- May 1, 2016