A quick and easy one skillet meal. The chicken is so tender and juicy with a bold flavor from the combination of the honey and Italian dressing.
Honey Baked Apple Chicken
Recipe type: Dinner
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ medium onion, sliced
- 2 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup honey
- ⅓ cup zesty Italian dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add one teaspoon of olive oil to a large ovenproof skillet.
- Heat over medium-high heat.
- Mix honey and Italian dressing together set aside.
- Sprinkle each side of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat.
- Place onion on top of chicken, place apples around sides of chicken.
- Pour honey and Italian dressing mixture over chicken.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Spoon mixture
inskillet over chicken just before serving.