My husband loves salmon and he really loved this recipe. The tomato topping with the spices gives it a lot of flavor. The lemon juice and olive oil make it so moist and delicious.
Salmon Baked in Foil
- 4 salmon fillets 5 ounces each
- 2 teaspoons olive oil plus 2 tablespoons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tomatoes chopped, or 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Drizzle salmon with 2 teaspoons olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Stir together tomatoes, shallots, 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper in a medium bowl to blend.
- Place salmon fillet oiled side down, atop a sheet of foil.
- Spoon the tomato mixture over the salmon.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the fish and tomato mixture, covering completely.
- Twist each end to seal.
- Place the foil packets on a heavy large baking sheet.
- Bake until the salmon is just cooked through, about 23 to 25 minutes.
- Carefully remove the salmon from the foil.
- Serve and enjoy.
- March 16, 2018