This is my go-to recipe for Thanksgiving and all year long. It always comes out perfect and everyone enjoys it.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can 15oz pure pumpkin
- 1 can 12 oz evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie shell
- Whipped cream optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix the sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and cloves in a small bowl.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Top with cream (optional)