If you are in a hurry, this is the perfect meal. It is quick, easy and yummy. I served it warm out of the oven with a nice garden salad.
Deep Dish Cornbread Cheeseburger Pie
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 Small onion diced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon pepper
- 1 Can diced tomatoes
- 1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1/4 Cup ketchup
- 1 Package corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 Cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- In a large skillet brown ground beef and onion until no longer pink. Drain.
- Return meat to the skillet and stir in salt, pepper, diced tomatoes, 3/4 cup of cheese, and ketchup.
- Spoon beef mixture into prepared pie plate.
- Top beef mixture with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- In a medium bowl, combine corn muffin mix, egg, and milk and mix well.
- Spoon batter over top of the pie.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown.