Quick, easy, and, quick delicious especially on a cold winter day.
Creamy Tortellini Soup with Chicken Sausage
- 1 package chicken sausage casing removed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 4 large carrots thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 6 Cups <g class="gr_ gr_124 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="124" data-gr-id="124">chicken</g> Broth or Vegetable Broth
- 1 package frozen tortellini 12 oz
- 1 Cup cream or milk
- Remove casing from sausage, crumble and cook until no longer pink.
- Remove sausage and set aside.
- Add 3 tablespoons butter.
- Once butter is melted, add onions, and cook for about 3 minutes or until tender,
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Then add carrots, Italian seasoning, salt and, pepper and cook for about 6 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Whisk in flour, until crumbly.
- Slowly add broth and whisk until everything is well combined and there are no clumps.
- Bring soup to a boil.
- Add frozen tortellini and sausage.
- Cook stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or, until tortellini is tender and heated through.
- Stir in cream or milk; bring back to a steady boil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until smooth and thickened.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve with homemade bread or rolls. Enjoy.