I love making my own iced tea not only because it is so good but I can control how much sugar goes into it. When you buy iced tea it is loaded with so much sugar which I do not like. So I hope you enjoy this easy simple iced tea.
Homemade Iced Tea
- 6 to 8 tea bags
- 4 cups hot water
- 4 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar I use less or 1/4 cup honey, optional
- Fill a 2-quart size saucepan with the hot water.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Once the water boils, add the tea bags.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and allow it to steep for 10 minutes. No more, no less.
- When the time is up, remove the tea bags and discard.
- Put the cold water into a 2-quart size pitcher.
- Pour the hot tea into the pitcher, over top of the cold water.
- Add the sugar or honey if you like, stirring to dissolve it completely.
- Put the pitcher into the fridge to cool.