This recipe was a perfect way to use zucchini from my garden. I made this tonight for dinner and my family really enjoyed it. My son loved it so much, that he requested it for his birthday dinner.
Creamy Tomato Zucchini Skillet Lasagna
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small zucchini squash cut into 1/4-inch half moons
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces Italian sausage casings removed
- 2 Cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 8 no-cook lasagna noodles. broken into small pieces
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 ounces cream cheese cut into small pieces
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oil in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini and season with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Cook until lightly golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer zucchini to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium, then add the sausage, garlic, and onion.
- Cook breaking up the sausage for about 2 minutes.
- Add the pasta, marinara, then the broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer, stirring often, until the pasta is tender, about 18 to 22 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the broiler.
- Fold the cream cheese into the cooked pasta to melt, then the zucchini with the mozzarella.
- Broil until golden brown, about two minutes.
You can also use yellow squash or a combination of both.
- 7/16, 11/16, 7/17, 8.17, 11/17, 7/18