I made this for Christmas Eve as a side dish with homemade meatballs. It was a big hit with the family.
Roasted Spaghetti Squash
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 large spaghetti squash (about 5 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ¾ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds.
- Brush the flesh with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove and let cool for about 30 minutes.
- Scrape the flesh with a fork and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add garlic and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook about 1 minute.
- Add spaghetti squash and toss to coat evely.
- Cook until heated.
- Remove from heat and add Parmesan cheese a handful at a time while tossing the squash to evenly coat.