I make this to go with teriyaki chicken thighs for my father-in-law, who loves rice and chicken thighs. It is one of his favorite meals.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Melt butter in a lidded skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add orzo, cook and stir pasta until golden brown.
- Stir in onion and cook until onion becomes translucent, then add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Mix in the rice and chicken broth. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until rice is tender, and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.