Great for weeknight meal. It is simple and yummy
Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1 medium onion, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 4 medium size new potatoes ( I used 4 regular potatoes) cut into 1-inch wedges.
- 2 cups baby carrots (I used 4-6 regular carrots sliced )
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-1/4 teaspoons, divided
- ½ teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 bone-in skinless chicken thighs ( can also use boneless chicken breasts)
- Lightly grease a 6-qt slow cooker.
- Place onion in bottom of slow cooker.
- top with potatoes and carrots.
- Combine broth, white wine, minced garlic, thyme, ¾ teaspoon salt & ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Pour broth mixture over vegetables.
- Combine paprika, remaining ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper; rub evenly over chicken thighs.
- Arrange chicken on top of vegetables.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour and reduce heat to low and cook 6 to 7 hours or util chicken is done and vegetables are tender.