Yummy! This is a different way to use over ripe bananas. This can be served for breakfast or even as a dessert.
Double Chocolate Banana Bread
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- ½ cup soft unsalted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium. I used 3)
- ½ cup cold sour cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips ( I used ½ cup mini chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Lightly grease one 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Beat in egg, then stir in the vanilla, banana and sour cream.
- Gently mix in the dry ingredients and chocolate chips until well blended.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan.
- Bake 45 to 60 minutes or until done.
- Remove bread from the oven and allow to rest in pan for 10 minutes.
- Turn the bread out onto a rack to cool completely