Beets are a favorite around my house. We grow them each year in our garden. My daughter can’t get enough of these.
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 3 cups sliced raw beets
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a saucepan, place raw beets and enough water to cover. Cook until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain , reserving ¼ cup liquid.
- In another saucepan, combine sugar, flour, vinegar and reserved beet juice.
- Cook over heat until thickened.
- Stir in beets, salt and butter. Simmer for 10 minutes.