I know this sounds strange! But it is quite tasty. It is also a great way to use up cucumbers from my garden in a different way.
Cucumber Quick Bread
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups grated peeled and seeded cucumbers
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease two 9-in x 5-in loaf pans, set aside.
- In a bowl, beat eggs.
- Beat in sugar, cucumbers, oil and vanilla until well blended.
- Add the flour, chopped nuts (if using), cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and baking power.
- Add to cucumber mixture and beat just until combined.
- Pour into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.