I always think of the “bunk cake” scene in My Big Fat Greek Wedding when making a bundt cake! Perhaps I should add a flower!
Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Coat a 9 inch bundt pan with cooking spray set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cocoa, flour,sugar,cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs,oil, and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and beat vigorously by hand until well blended (mixture will be very stiff).
- Stir in shredded zucchini until well blended, pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
The Hungry Husband
This cake is amazingly moist and lite. I am getting hungry thinking about it and realizing I need to get the garden going so we will have more Zucchini!!