This easy and cheesy spaghetti squash casserole is made with ground turkey, tomatoes, and Italian spices. The flavor combinations are quite delicious.
Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Instant Pot
- Large Deep Skillet
- 2-quart casserole dish
- 1 small/med spaghetti squash about 2 pounds
- 2 Teaspoons Olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Italian spice
- 1 Cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 Teaspoon dried parsley
- Instant Pot--To cook Spaghetti squash
- Cut Spaghetti Squash in half and scoop out seeds.
- Pour one cup of water into the Instant Pot and add trivet.
- Place the Spaghetti Squash into the Instant Pot.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and set the vent to the sealed position.
- Using the manual setting, select 7 minute cook time.
- Once the cook time is complete, quick release.
- Carefully remove Spaghetti Squash.
- When completely cooled, use a fork to scrap.
- Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high.
- Add the turkey, onion, salt, and pepper.
- Cook until meat is browned, about 8 minutes.
- Add the drained tomatoes, garlic, and Italian seasoning.
- Cook until most of the liquid from tomatoes has cooked off.
- Stir and cook until most of the remaining liquid has cooked off about 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
- Lightly coat a 2-quart casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- With a slotted spoon, scoop the squash mixture into the pan in an even layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Return to the oven and bake for 10 additional minutes
- For an extra golden-brown top, place the casserole under the broiler for a few minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and sprinkle with parsley.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy:)