This a delicious way to use leftover ham. The flavors make an excellent combination for a tasty dish.
Apple-Cheddar Ham and Egg Casserole
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Casserole
- 1 cup dry bread, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups cooked ham, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cooking apple
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsely (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 2-quart rectangular baking dish and set aside.
- Spread half of the bread cubes in the dish.
- Top with ham, apple, cheese, and ½ of chopped onions.
- Top with remaining bread.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle evenly over the bread mixture in the dish.
- Press down lightly with a large spoon so all the bread is moistened.
- Top with remaining onion and some parsley.
- Bake, uncovered, for 50 to 60 minutes. Edges will be set and the center will appear runny. Let stand 10 minutes before serving to let the center become set.
- Serve and enjoy:)
To dry bread, let bread stand at room temperature for 6 hours. Or, bake bread in a 300-degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until dry.