This is a quick and easy meal that is prepared in one skillet. I especially like this recipe because it is not tomato based which a lot of other zucchini recipes are. The creamy goodness of this recipe will be a family favorite.
Ground Beef Zucchini Casserole
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1-2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup onion diced
- 3 cups sliced zucchini
- 1/4 cup beef or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook the ground beef on medium heat until browned,
- Remove ground beef and drain grease, leaving 1 Tablespoon of the grease in the pan.
- In the same skillet, cook the chopped onions over medium heat until they soften.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the zucchini and broth to the pan and cook until the zucchini is soft about 5 more minutes.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low add the cream cheese and then sour cream.
- Add the beef back into the pan along with the salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese over the top.
- Place the lid on top and cook for 3-4 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Serve and enjoy:)