I like lamb and this stew is prepared in just 30 minutes which is great for a quick weekday meal. The stew is full of flavor and I love making this on a crispy fall day and on a cold winter day too!
Easy Lamb Stew
- 12 ounces ground lamb
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ yellow onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup red potato cut into ½-inch pieces
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ¾ cup dry green lentils
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons bell pepper minced
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 12- ounce can of petite diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium in a large pot.
- When hot, add ground lamb, breaking up while cooking, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- When the lamb is cooked, remove it to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Without cleaning out the pot, add yellow onion, garlic, and cubed potato.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until onions start to soften.
- Add chicken broth, lentils, thyme, Kosher salt, ground black pepper, and bay leaf.
- Bring to a low simmer.
- Simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until lentils are soft.
- Add minced bell pepper, celery, tomatoes (and juices), and ground lamb.
- Continue to simmer for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese until melted.
- Directly before serving, stir in white wine.
- Serve and enjoy:)