This spinach quiche is easy to make, delicious, and perfect to serve for breakfast or brunch.
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 frozen deep-dish pie crust (9-inch)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1¼ cups half-and-half or whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pepper to taste
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (can use Gruyere cheese)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place unwrapped frozen pie crust on a baking sheet and bake for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and gently prick the bottom and sides all over with a fork.
- Return to the oven and bake for 12 more minutes.
- Remove and set aside
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and sauté until soft and translucent, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set it aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, eggs, egg yolk, salt, and pepper.
- Add the onion and garlic mixture to the bottom of the pre-baked pie crust and spread in an even layer.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top. Add the spinach, spreading it out in an even layer. Pour the half-and-half and egg mixture over the top.
- Carefully transfer the quiche to the oven, on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 50 to 65 minutes or until the quiche is set in the center and the crust is golden brown. If the crust starts to get too brown, you can carefully tent it with aluminum foil.
- Let the quiche cool until warm before slicing and serving.
- Serve and enjoy:)